Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Owned By The Alpha #shifter #eroticromance #Anthology @Evernightpub

The Alpha lives for the hunt...


Driven by instinct, an Alpha shifter recognizes his fated mate from one scent, one touch. He'll pursue his woman, regardless of the cost, and anyone else would be smart to get out of his way. He won't stop until he takes possession of his prize.

Although the hunter doesn't need convincing, his mate certainly does. The Alpha will have to prove himself as a lover and convince his woman that he plays for keeps.


Blurb:

A wolf hunter always catches his prey…

For Logan Munro, a rare True Alpha and bounty hunter, those words had never rung more true. Not since he first laid eyes on Theodora Petridis’ photograph when her father hires him to rescue her. It turns out, that his little human spitfire of a mate, comes armed with mysterious weapons of her own and furthermore, wants nothing to do with him beyond accepting his help to rescue her sister. Logan vows to rescue Thea’s sister in time and to stop the threat that has hovered over the Petridis family for years no matter the cost.


Thea has spent years trying to find a way to stop her sister’s would-be captors, even at the expense of having her own life. When a sexy alpha wolf shows up just in the nick of time to assist her, she fears falling for the man who wants to own her body and soul. But will she be able to walk away from him once the job is done and more importantly, wonders if he will actually let her go.
Buy Links:



Excerpt:

 “Let’s get two things straight right off the bat.” He looked angry, making her flinch. “Make that three. One, I would never hurt you, so stop being afraid of me.” He took her hand, the one she was holding the ice pack with, and gently placed it over her bruised cheek. He let his hand linger there for a moment before continuing. “Two, I would never deliver innocent women to a bunch of cultist criminals. And lastly, I take cases on a first come, first serve basis, and those I deem worthy of my time. I don’t drop a client because someone else offers me more money. It’s not how I operate, not to mention the fact it would ruin my reputation.”
Once again, she saw the sincerity of his words on his face, heard it in the tone of his voice. Her gut told her he meant every word. Teresa had told her once that not all shifters were bad, which wasn’t hard for Thea to believe since her sister was one of the kindest people she had ever met. Teresa had also spoken of her family many times, all of whom were nothing like Leon and his family. But Leon was an alpha, and so was Logan, based on not only the abilities he had displayed earlier in the cabin, but also from what she had read about him in Leon’s files. Alphas were uncommon, and extremely dominant.
Teresa had not been able to sense Leon as her mate from that young of an age, but he, being a teenager at the time, had sensed her. His family had groomed him for leadership, to take what he wanted, and now he would stop at nothing in order to keep Teresa, like she was nothing more than his possession. Her sister had felt the threat of this looming over her since the murder of her parents, never allowing herself to find someone of her choosing to be happy with. She was terrified of what Leon might do to a man she became involved with. Now Thea had her own reason to be terrified.
She cast her eyes down and whispered, “I told you before that I won’t be owned by anyone.”
And then Logan was on the couch next to her. She felt his fingers under her chin, gently prodding her to look over at him. “I do want to own you,” he said, his voice raspy. “I want to own you body and soul, as you will own me, but I want you to give yourself to me freely. Mates are a beautiful gift to be cherished and protected, Thea.”
She couldn’t help the shiver of excitement that ran through her body at his words. She had to press her legs together when she felt that same rush reach into her core. “And if I refuse?” she asked, her voice breathy.
“I won’t take you against your will, if that’s what you’re asking me,” he said firmly. And then she saw a sly smile forming at the corner of his lips. “But that doesn’t mean I’ll stop trying to convince you. I see how your body is reacting to me, Thea. You want me, but you’re trying to convince yourself you don’t. I can see how you are pressing your legs together and I can smell your desire. You may not be able to sense a mate like wolves do, but you can still recognize me as yours.”
“You’re arrogant, aren’t you?” she asked, but her voice quivered, losing its bite.
 He only smiled wider at her words. “Confident, not arrogant. We were made for each other, you and me.” He stood up. “I need to make some phone calls to my outsourced contractors. I’m going to put some detail on all of Leon’s properties tonight, get some of their routines down.” He took out his phone and sent a text. “Your rental car will be taken care of shortly.”
“Thank you, Logan,” she said, “for everything.”
“You’re welcome.” His smile was breathtaking, revealing perfectly straight white teeth and making his eyes sparkle. “Thea…”
“Mmm?”
“A wolf always catches his prey.”
Thea got the feeling he wasn’t just referring to Leon and his demon pack.
BLURB:

Dr. Tom Barrymore thought he was pulling over on the side of the road to help an injured man, but what he discovered wasn't what he bargained for and he finds himself running for his life.

Sheriff and panther alpha, Luke Benson, had nearly given up hope of ever finding his mate, but when he stumbles upon him, the man is a few heartbeats away from death. He has no choice but to make a decision that will alter his mate's life forever. He'll do whatever it takes to convince the good doctor that they belong together, but first ... there's a matter of justice to seek against the men who dared to touch his mate, before they make another attempt.


Buy Links:
Excerpt:

“Where the fuck are my clothes?” he asked as he finally stood up, only to realize he was stark naked. He grabbed the bedsheet and covered up his dick. “Did you—”
The sheriff growled. He actually fucking growled and then he got in Tom’s face, towering over him by a good five inches and spoke low, his voice angry. “When I fuck a man, I make sure he remembers it. Your clothes were torn to shreds. I cleaned you up, and sat watching over you all night to make sure I’d be there if you woke up and felt disoriented. I didn’t touch you.”
Tom swallowed loudly and sat down on the bed. The sheriff backed up a little to give him space and stood there looking at him with his arms folded. Tom actually felt bad for accusing the man who saved his life, albeit turning him into a monster in the process. Being a scientist, he had absolutely no rational explanation for any of this. He suddenly felt very lost, not being able to explain, nor understand. It was frustrating.
“What does that even mean … that I’m your mate?” he asked just as his arms began to itch again. Ignoring the need to scratch, he mimicked the sheriff by folding his arms across his chest.
“It means that whatever fates are out there, they have deemed us worthy of being mated for life. Shifters are more intuitive than humans. I guess you can equate it to knowing when you have found the one.”
Tom snorted. The last time a guy told him he wanted forever, Tom found him in their bed … with two other men. “Don’t I get a say in any of this?”
Tom watched as the sheriff’s full lips quirked into a breathtakingly cocky smile. He immediately had to drop his hands to the bedsheet, surreptitiously trying to restrain the bulge underneath it. Damn traitorous cock. The sexy as sin sheriff only smiled wider.
“You’re going to tell me you don’t like men?” the cocky bastard asked. “Or is it that you’re still in the closet?”
Tom rolled his eyes. “I came out to my very supportive parents in high school and I’m proud to live my life as an openly gay man. Maybe I don’t want this damn itch to dictate who I should be with,” he said with exasperation as he finally gave in to scratching his arms. “Or maybe I’m just not attracted to you.”
“The bulge you’re trying to hide says otherwise.” The bastard actually waggled his thick, dark, heavenly eyebrows at him.
He got up from the bed, frustrated, no longer caring about his modesty. “I need to think.” I need to get the fuck away from his delicious scent before I beg him to fuck me on all fours right now. “I need some”—he cleared his throat—“space.”
The sheriff’s gaze traveled down to his very long and erect cock. Tom couldn’t help the groan that escaped him as Luke first licked and then bit his own bottom lip, keeping it trapped there between his teeth.
He wasn’t sure how long he stared at the sheriff’s mouth, but then he spotted his duffle bag along with his other personal belongings on top of the dresser and went over to it. Without turning around, he was about to ask Luke to give him some privacy, when the other man said, “I’ll just give you some space.” The door gently closed behind him.

And it's day 7 for our 7 days, 7 authors, 7 questions.

Question 7: What Are You Writing Now?


So many stories, so little time.  I have Grey River 9 almost finished and the characters in book 10 are screaming for their HEA.   I have three or four stories on the go at any one time, so there is always something to write if my characters go quiet on one of my stories.
Right now, I’m finishing a revise and resubmit on a male/female side of Mooncrest, developing the story into a novella or novel. It’s Saber’s sister, Honor Creed, and a wolf with a sketchy past, Foster Jefferson. Honor comes to the relationship fresh out of an abusive relationship where she was claimed without her permission, marked with her own version of a scarlet letter. She’s scared and when her ex-husband escapes from jail, she has to be taken into hiding by her fated mate and he has to prove to her they are meant to be. I’m in love with this story and these characters and can’t wait to send it back to Evernight Publishing.
I am working on two books right now. Beta Wars, which is the next book in my Pack Warrior series. It picks up right after the Pack Wars. The Gray-Moons had lost their Beta, pitting brother against brother to fill the role. I am also working on the next book in the Beyond the Veil series which I co-write with the lovelies Maia Dylan and Sarah Marsh. Fighting Faete features Kat’s story and the Dark Fae twins introduced in Bound To Their Faete. You can find links to all those goodies here.
I’m actually really excited that my first F/M series (Heart of the Mountain) was just accepted by Evernight. The first book is called Hiring the Tiger and it’s about shifter. Go figure. I also have a story in a Fantasy Romance collection called Crazy Little Spring Called Love that is released next week. My story in that antho is about a bad-ass mermaid.
I always have several WIPs on the go at any one time. I have a couple of steampunk inspired stories, another couple with a Halloween theme, plus a few more which are fantasy/paranormal. If I don’t have at least half a dozen to work on, then I feel my imagination is drying up and my Muse isn’t doing his job.
I’ve got two more stories in my Laissez Faire series that are slowly but surely being put on paper. I hope to have book #2 (the title has changed about a dozen times, so I’ll leave it at Book #2 for now) finished up in the next month.
I’m working on the very last Outlaw MC story. My sexy bikers are finally leaving Mars and returning to earth but not without a lot of trouble following.
Thanks for stopping by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment