Friday, April 21, 2017

Owned by the Alpha Manlove 7 AUTHORS, 7 DAYS, 7 QUESTIONS - Day 4! #anthology #gay #lgbt #paranormal @EvernightPub

It's Day 4 of the OWNED BY THE ALPHA 7 Days, 7 authors, 7 questions!


Today, I'm taking over the FB Page and sharing some sexy snippets as well a contest to win a prize from me so be sure to stop by the page and  comment: 

I am lucky enough to be in this anthology with 6 amazing authors, releasing April 25th. My contribution is HIS GUARDIAN PANTHER.
BLURB:
Dr. Tom Barrymore thought he was pulling over on the side of the road to help an injured man, but what he discovered wasn't what he bargained for and he finds himself running for his life.
Sheriff and panther alpha, Luke Benson, had nearly given up hope of ever finding his mate, but when he stumbles upon him, the man is a few heartbeats away from death. He has no choice but to make a decision that will alter his mate's life forever. He'll do whatever it takes to convince the good doctor that they belong together, but first ... there's a matter of justice to seek against the men who dared to touch his mate, before they make another attempt.

Buy Links:

Excerpt:

“Where the fuck are my clothes?” he asked as he finally stood up, only to realize he was stark naked. He grabbed the bedsheet and covered up his dick. “Did you—”
The sheriff growled. He actually fucking growled and then he got in Tom’s face, towering over him by a good five inches and spoke low, his voice angry. “When I fuck a man, I make sure he remembers it. Your clothes were torn to shreds. I cleaned you up, and sat watching over you all night to make sure I’d be there if you woke up and felt disoriented. I didn’t touch you.”
Tom swallowed loudly and sat down on the bed. The sheriff backed up a little to give him space and stood there looking at him with his arms folded. Tom actually felt bad for accusing the man who saved his life, albeit turning him into a monster in the process. Being a scientist, he had absolutely no rational explanation for any of this. He suddenly felt very lost, not being able to explain, nor understand. It was frustrating.
“What does that even mean … that I’m your mate?” he asked just as his arms began to itch again. Ignoring the need to scratch, he mimicked the sheriff by folding his arms across his chest.
“It means that whatever fates are out there, they have deemed us worthy of being mated for life. Shifters are more intuitive than humans. I guess you can equate it to knowing when you have found the one.”
Tom snorted. The last time a guy told him he wanted forever, Tom found him in their bed … with two other men. “Don’t I get a say in any of this?”
Tom watched as the sheriff’s full lips quirked into a breathtakingly cocky smile. He immediately had to drop his hands to the bedsheet, surreptitiously trying to restrain the bulge underneath it. Damn traitorous cock. The sexy as sin sheriff only smiled wider.
“You’re going to tell me you don’t like men?” the cocky bastard asked. “Or is it that you’re still in the closet?”
Tom rolled his eyes. “I came out to my very supportive parents in high school and I’m proud to live my life as an openly gay man. Maybe I don’t want this damn itch to dictate who I should be with,” he said with exasperation as he finally gave in to scratching his arms. “Or maybe I’m just not attracted to you.”
“The bulge you’re trying to hide says otherwise.” The bastard actually waggled his thick, dark, heavenly eyebrows at him.
He got up from the bed, frustrated, no longer caring about his modesty. “I need to think.” I need to get the fuck away from his delicious scent before I beg him to fuck me on all fours right now. “I need some”—he cleared his throat—“space.”
The sheriff’s gaze traveled down to his very long and erect cock. Tom couldn’t help the groan that escaped him as Luke first licked and then bit his own bottom lip, keeping it trapped there between his teeth.
He wasn’t sure how long he stared at the sheriff’s mouth, but then he spotted his duffle bag along with his other personal belongings on top of the dresser and went over to it. Without turning around, he was about to ask Luke to give him some privacy, when the other man said, “I’ll just give you some space.” The door gently closed behind him.

And now for day 4 of questions:
Question 4: Tell Us What Inspired Your Story?
Is there a magical idea farm where all the sexy man-beasts hang out and wait to inspire you? Can I get tickets to watch?

No idea! Lol.  The opening scene in the bank came to me and I started writing.  Less than a week later it was done and A Tiger’s Luck was born!
Two things inspired this story. One, my vision board for this year—my theme is “Take risks”, so I did. And two, I made a Spotify song list for Mooncrest. The songs “All That Matters” by Colton Dixon (no relation to me, just happy accident) and “Standing Here in Front of Me” by David Mead helped me examine the story and go deeper into the characters. How would I feel if my true love was just over a fence and he ignored me for years? What if I found out the one for me had been waiting and yearning for me, his heart almost stopping beating for fear of never being mine? That crushing pain on both sides was what I attempted to pull out. I hope I did the story justice. And Saber and Kace and their love will appear in future stories as well.
The Evernight submission call prompt lit the fuse and my two gorgeous inspirations (Brodie Beaudry and Harvey Newton-Hayden) took care of the rest. Waretown had been a setting I wanted to use for some time, but nothing ever fit until His Guardian Panther.
I love Evernight Anthologies; I've been reading them a lot longer than I've been writing for them so I make it a point now to submit to each. I really struggled to figure out what I was going to write for this one. Now I have something like eight half-finished novels about shifters both M/M and F/M. "The Scarf" eventually came about when I caught pneumonia and binged on modern Disney films (I'm in deep love with the cartoon fox from Zooptopia and I'm not ashamed) then when I couldn't keep my eyes open listened to Suspense! audioplays. When I regained consciousness, I had the idea of a bad-ass fox hiding refugee animals.
As a pantser, that’s a hard question to answer. I really liked the sound of the anthology call. But I had no idea what direction the story could take when I first sat down and thought about it. Firstly, the occupations came to mind, then the types of shifters I wanted, and then the way the story would unfold.
Is it cheating to say: the call for submissions put out by Evernight in the first place? No? Good. That. ;-)
Owned by the Alpha, the anthology title. The second I read it I sat down at my computer and started thinking about a short shifter story that I really wanted to tell. In an hour, I had an outlined planned and Last Alpha Standing was born. (And no, I wasn’t wearing pants. It’s kind of my thing, lol.)

Thanks for stopping by. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment