Friday, November 10, 2017

Exciting Adventures in Brisbane Australia. #RRA17 #Brisbane #Australia #AuthorSigning

A few weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to travel to Australia for the very first time. The planning of this trip started two years ago for me when a lovely lady named Erin of MI Bookshelf, came to one of my Facebook events and invited me.
Needless to say, I was flattered and honored, and super excited, not just for the signing, but also getting to visit the beautiful country of Australia, a country definitely on top of my places to visit list. At the signing I got to meet so many fabulous readers, some of whom I had gotten to know for years and had become friends with. It was amazing getting to finally meet face to face, give them a hug, and talk to them in person. Check out some highlights on my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/elenakincaid/  The organizers of Riveting Reads, Erin, Marina, and Jackie were absolutely tireless in their planning and pulled off an amazing event, not to mention lovely. Thanks for letting Maia Dylan and I crash your breakfast. :)

And speaking of the lovely Maia Dylan, one third of SME, and my sista from another mista, I finally got to meet her in person after being friends and writing partners for several years. Sarah Marsh, our other sister, sadly wasn't able to make it, but she was there in spirit and represented in our Beyond The Veil Series. Maia and I even got a chance to Skype with Sarah and let me tell you, some exciting plot bunnies came out of that. ;) Top secret for now.

I also finally got to meet several of my fellow Evernight authors at this fabulous event, not to mention making a few new author friends which I hope will be long lasting, including getting to meet the fabulous S.E. Smith, one of my faves who I have been reading for years. Yes, I totally fangirled. :) You can catch me in her newsletter this month as she graciously included me in her author spotlight. :) http://mailchi.mp/montanapublishinghouse/5nlrggoc27-1140773?e=1ed2c0c214

Australia is too beautiful a country to visit only once and so much to see. I would love to see Brisbane again and then go explore some more, maybe even pop over to another country I've always wanted to see, New Zealand. If I can fit in an event or two while there, so much the better.
I had only seen Kangaroos and Koalas on TV before, so seeing them in person, interacting with them, was absolutely amazing and a memory I will always cherish.

Then there was the beautiful Tamborine Mountain with it's scenic views and waterfalls, something not to be missed when traveling to Brisbane.



The weather was pretty bad that day with heavy rains, but a poncho and and an umbrella didn't stop us from exploring and thankfully there were some breaks in the rain. I highly recommend visiting the Glow Worm caves as well. No photos were allowed, but it is definitely a sight to behold.


Oh, and you can't possibly think I could go to a country this beautiful and exciting and not come back with a story percolating? I have notes, I have shifters, I have angsty romance, and another story tbw (to be written). Time to start planning another trip, but first, back to the writing cave I go. I've a got a story to type "the end" on hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Thanks for stopping by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment